“I thought Claire was dead,” Nathan uttered.
“And that affair ended up saving your life,” Heidi said, shaking her head. “Nathan, I'm not going to pretend I'm not hurt. I am. It hurts, but—” She sighed and removed the hair from her face. “You went through all of this by yourself. How many times have I told you I'm not made of glass?” “I know. I—”
She walked up to him, put a finger on his lips and hugged him. “I love you, Nathan. We'll go through this, somehow. We'll find Peter, and maybe I can even be friends with your daughter.”
He hugged her back and buried his face on her neck, feeling like he was the one made of glass. “I love you too, Heidi,” he mumbled. “You know,” she said after a while, without letting go. “I'm feeling very tempted to say 'I was right about your mother'.” Nathan chuckled, unable to help himself, really grateful by the sudden change of mood.
“But that'd be tasteless,”Suresh TMLXC raised His hands, like Every Time I tried to Explain Something complex to the unenlightened. "There's this person Who Has the Ability to Locate Anyone in the world, with one exception. Though I Doubt That Truly Be one to Peter, "I added, hurriedly.
"Is this person also 'special'?" Asked Nathan, frowning. "Yes."
"Would I Be willing to help us?" "She. And yes. But we're going to need your help with a little something first. "
Suresh. "I did not ask you for That."
Nathan Shrugged. "But You Can Have It." "Not Everyone Wants to Be an American." Suresh sounder Somewhat hurt.
"Probably not, But it'll help to speed up the adoption paperwork. Además, It'll Be Easier for me to make you an American Indian Than to make her. And You Can Have two Citizenships, can you not? "Suresh
sighed. "I-I guess ..."
"Listen, to make it up for you, Also I can makester.
“Listen, honey,” Suresh said in a sweet tone of voice Nathan wouldn't have believed him capable of, “Mr. Petrelli wants you to help him find his brother, Peter. In return, he's going to help us to become a family.”
“Really?” the child said, looking from Suresh to Nathan.
“Yes,” Nathan said. “Yes, I will. As a matter of fact, you can go from here to the professor's place as soon as you tell me where he is.”
The girl smiled lovely—why couldn't boys smile like that? “Very well,” she said. She stood up and faced the city's map spread on Nathan's desk. She closed her eyes for a moment and promptly pointed a spot with her little finger. “Here.”
-
Nathan didn'tNeither events Suresh say goodbye to little Molly normal. As soon as I Took a good look at the address she'd Pointed out, I Grabbed His jacked up and left. It'd Been a miracle he'd Remembered assistant to tell historical historical Appointments to cancel. The
in place Peter WAS Turned Out to Be a charity hospital in the middle of a zone Clearly That Need It. As soon as I stepped down from His car, Nathan felt like hitting the wall Against His forehead. That was pretty much the little brother the historical place Would Be drawn at nurse. Why I Had not Thought of That Before? Because if he'd started by looking in the hospitals for Peter, it would've Been as a patient, NOT as part of the staff. And Because I Had not, after Witnessing Peter coming back to life and Claire running away five seconds theecause it'd minimize the chance of Peter going invisible on him. It Turned out
That Peter was very easy to spot. I WAS alone in a table by the window, eating lunch historical. The Back of His Head To Be Eichmann him in a great shape for someone who'd Been a nuclear bomb a fortnight before. As soon as
I saw him Nathan felt a wave of relief Passing Through him, so strong it made him falter. Yet, it WAS mixed by a deep anger Did not Know What to do first: His brother to hug or kick his ass. Hard. The doctor's boys Be Damned.
I walk through the tables while Been Carefully Avoiding seen by His brother, wondering how to hug and kick him at the Same Time. That moment I would've absolutely Traded for His Ability to flight Without Being made of rubber havesitation. His footsteps
Were Covered by the chattering in the room. Some people raised Their heads after seeing a glimpse of historical anachronic well-tailored suit and Whispered a little, But nothing of That Called Peter's Attention.
Good.
Nathan managed to get right behind Peter. I bent over a little and Said, "Hello, Pete."
Peter jump and whatever I WAS chewing Went Through the wrong pipe.
luckily, MOST people familiar Were On That room with the Heimlich maneuver.
-
After Peter assured everyone That WAS Indeed His brother Nathan, That I wasn't from the mob, And That He Did not owe him money, además Those fifty cents he'd borrowed at age eight and never Gave back - Nathan was allowed to be with his brother in a private room.
“Nathan, I know you're angry—”
“Anger doesn't begin to cover it, Pete. Do you have any idea of how many nights have Heidi and I spent awake, waiting for the phone to ring or for a knock in the door?”
“Fourteen?” Peter offered.
Nathan snarled. “Don't try to be funny.”
“Sorry.” Peter sighed and smiled apologetically.
“Why didn't you come back? Or at least why didn't you let us know you were fine?”
“There were two reasons. One, I wasn't ready. I mean, I nearly destroyed the whole city!” He looked away. “I just needed to be alone for a while and come to terms with it.”
CHTMbsolutely furious after months. Yet, Nathan decided to skip that detail. “First, you draw better than Mr. Mendez...”
“I've been practicing.”
“Second,” Nathan raised and eyebrow, “I'd thought we'd established that future isn't set in stone.”
Peter looked at his brother sheepishly. “I know, but this wasn't an exploding city or anything like that, so...”
Nathan pressed the bridge of his nose. “Careful, you're still under a death threat.”
“Fair enough. So, uh, have you heard anything from Claire?”
“A certain Noah Bennet sent me a polite warning to stay away from his daughter a couple of days ago.” Nathan sighed. That wasn't exactly a pleasant memory. “Though maybe they'd let you go and say hi. "
" I'm sorry, Nathan. Could you maybe talk it over ... "
" Maybe, But not this soon. We've all gone through to lot. Which reminds me, I Told Heidi everything. "
Peter's eyes widen. "You did?"
"Yes."
"Claire too?"
"Yes."
"How did she take it?"
"Quite good."
"That's terrific! Are you planning on going public? "
" What? Peter, are you crazy? "
" I Was Just Asking. "
" You did an Impressive jump of logic I hope Will not Happen Again. I Will Not Go public and Neither will you. Doubt and Mr. Bennet Would I ever let Claire do it, so this family's secret secret Will Remain. "
Peter laughed. "For Not Being in the mob, Surely you think like a mobster. But yes, I do not think Noah let Claire expose herself Would Like That, I loves her. "
" I better. "Then I Noticed. "Are you on a first-name basis with That Man?"
Peter Shrugged. "Joining forces to save the world That does to people. How's mom? "Nathan Recalled
the last time I have seen historical Had His mother and scratched nose. It wasn't going to Be Pretty. "I do not know," I said. At least That Was true.
"mom Told You I Was Dead?"
What are you now, a telepath?
"Yes, as a Matter of Fact, I am. Sometimes. I met thile.
"We Need to find her," Said Peter at last. "We Must Into her to talk reason. I UNDERSTAND why you don't want to right now, but-What d'you mean Probably she'd listen to her baby? "
" Can you please turn off your telepathy? It makes me feel exposed. "
" Uh, right. Sorry. "
There Was An awkward moment of silence Before Nathan spoke again. "We Should Just Go Home."
"I can not go now. They Need me here. For Another month at least. "
Nathan made a face. "Do not tell me you're playing Robin Hood."
"No-not exactly. I just take care of them to be the best I can. "
" Do They Know "?"
"No, They Do."
CHTMNathan LXC Nodder. "You better keep it that way." He sighed. "Flight, fast healing, telepathy ... What else can you do? "
Peter blinked innocently. "I Could make you a list, But it's going to take a while."
Nathan Had to laugh. Reach Out and Then He Touched His brother's cheek. "Just Be Careful, all right? If you have any problem whatsoever, call me. If you run into someone 'special' and dangerous, call Suresh me and I'll carry all the way down here. "
Peter smiles. "I will. I will call you, I promise. "
" I Better get going, then. "
" Oh, Nathan? Let me warn you: if you don't you find your car when to get out of the hospital, do not worry, it's normal. "
" That's okay., “Up, up, and away!” as he ascended to the sky.
0 comments:
Post a Comment