Friday, June 22, 2007

Quicktime Controls Firefox

Title: Subjective
Fandom : Arashi no Yoru ni/Wolf's rain
Rating: G
Lenght: +1000
Summary: Wolves meet and we learn something about Paradise.
Spoilers: None.

Toboe was hungry. So hungry that he didn't care about what the others would think about him hunting alone. He was aware, however, that if he'd asked for Tsume's help, he would've gotten it, but Tsume and Hige and Kiba were more tired than hungry, unlike him. Toboe was tired too, certainly, but his stomach had rumbled and rumbled and it wouldn't leave him rest.

Toboe sniffed around, looking for something that would make an easy prey until hlf wants to go to Paradise, that's what my mother used to say.” He was going to add something but the goat Mei was faster.

“Paradise sounds like a nice place,” he said in the distinctive tone of voice of those who are sad but want to sound cheerful. “And, if you want to go, I think I can manage—”

Gabu's eyes widened and he began to flail. “What? What are you talking about?”

“You said every wolf wanted to go to Paradise,” Mei said, eyes all opened up and teary. “I would never think to stop you from—”

“Mei! I'm not going to leave you!” Gabu said, still flailing. “I'm not going anywhere!”

“But you said you wanted to go, that every wolf wanted to go...”

��That's what
my mother
used to say!” Gabu calmed down, shook his head, and sighed. Then he looked at Toboe, who had been witnessing the exchange without really understanding a thing and feeling like he'd done something very wrong by asking the other wolf to accompany them to Paradise. “Listen,” Gabu said, “what I was going to say is that I don't need to go to Paradise.”

Toboe tilted his head. He'd heard that from other wolves, but all of them were worn down, unhappy, and had lost all hope. Gabu was different from all of them, quite the opposite actually.

“Why not?” Toboe asked, unable to help himself.

“Yes, why not?” Mei asked.

“Because,” Gabu said while pushing the goat with his mu

0 comments:

Post a Comment