Fandom: Heroes
Characters: Niki, Jessica, Mr. Bennet, Claire, D.L.
Pairings: Niki/D.L. - Niki/Mr. Bennet
Rating: PG-13
Lenght: ~3500
Summary: After the events at the end of the first season, Mr. Bennet asks Niki for a favor.
Spoilers: The whole first season.
Author's note: Written for the
The next day after the terrible chain of events at Kirby Plaza, it becomes clear that we'll have toI next apartment building in the list I copied from the newspaper. Who says karma does not work?
-
Micah and I Are Once installed and he's Been Placed under the care of Our landlady, I go out to find a lawyer and a job. Jessica Provided us with a respectable Amount of money, But It Will not last forever. We do not know for how long we're going to stay in this city, and Then There Are the hospital bills.
no more Than I walk two blocks When I run into a man with horned-rimmed glasses. I've seen him somewhere, I'm sure of it.
He nods a greeting and as I remember, I Was There at Kirby Plaza, two nights ago. He looks too confident for this to Be a coincidence. Thinking of That makes me Cautions. He Seems To
notice it because he goes straight to the point. “I need your help,” he says like he means it. “You're the only one who can understand.” Then he introduces himself as Noah Bennet and explains everything: his job, his family, his daughter, what he's done. He doesn't look like the martyr-type, but he makes it easy to read between the lines of his words that he's willing to die for his family, to kill for them.
I can certainly relate to that: even though through Jessica, I've done it myself.
Now that Linderman's dead, the Company, as he calls it, in a way that makes you feel the capital C, is reorganizing itself as we speak, but it's still a corporate chaos. Bennet wants use that window, which won't last long, to secure his wife and son, those who dithink of His daughter. I remember her, the Girl Who Was reluctantly willing to kill Nathan Petrelli's brother and Exploded Before He Killed us all. I remember how I felt relief when to Nathan Eichmann her up and she Did not Have to shoot.
I say yes to him then. That brave man raised this child, He Wants to keep her safe.
She Deserves to be safe as Micah does, so I'll keep her safe for him back Until He Comes.
-
Claire moves in two hours after Bennet spoke with me. "It 'Will not Be for Long, Claire-bear," I tells her.
I smile at the nickname. Also I realize I'm jealous at the way I've Holds whispers her cheek When he'll come back as soon as I can. Truly He looks like a great father, the likes of Which I 'e right shoulder covered with improvised bandages. Scared, I scold him for not telling me about it before; I could've brought a first-aid kit at the very least.
“I didn't have time,” he says. “I've a friend who can intercept their communications, but I didn't want to press my luck.”
If this is what he calls luck, I think I don't want to run into him in a bad day.
He says his friend has deactivated the school's alarm, so we can go into the infirmary if I break the door. I'm uncomfortable with the idea but, despite having his charming smile on, it's obvious he's in pain. And in need of real medical assistance.
“I think you need a doctor,” I say.
He shakes his head and focuses his eyes on min opposite.
-
Soon, I have him all cleaned up and properly bandaged. At least more properly than he was before. I did my best, but I'm not nurse nor doctor, and I keep telling him so.
“You've done a great job, regardless,” he says, proudly.
I feel my cheeks warm up. “Thanks,” I mumble, hating myself because I'm suddenly feeling like a schoolgirl praised by his favorite teacher. “What happened to you?”
He shrugs as much as he can without hurting himself. “Nothing out of the ordinary. I was on my way back when I noticed two of them were right behind me. They... were a threat I couldn't risk.” His voice becomes deeper when he says that last phrase and that unsettles me.
RNo, There's nothing wrong. "
Go for it! Jessica
Urges. How WAS
That phrase from That silly movie you like? Carpe diem
, is not it?
"I can't-"
"Are you sure you're all right?" Bennet ASKs forward as I eat.
He's right next to me now and I can feel His warmth and smell the iodine I put on him minutes ago and I sounds like I genuinely cares.
I Become aware That if He Touched Me, I'm going to melt.
Hell, Niki! Am I Going to Have to seize the day for you?
"Do not you dare!" I say, or so I try. Effortlessly
, Jessica shoved me away, But only for long enough for her to reach out and kiss Bennet. She lets me take control again once he's taken me by the elbows and is kissing back.
The bitch knows I'm not going to be able to push him away now.
His hands trail down my back and my body chooses that moment to remind me that it's been really long since I've had any.
No, whatever Jessica did doesn't count for me.
I move my hand up tracing his chest to reach his neck. When I pass over the bandages, I press over his wound without noticing. The sudden pain makes him jump.
The kiss is broken and I'm brought back to reality. I think of D.L. and the face I've put in Bennet's wife fills my mind.
I begin to apologize, but he doesn't let me. He doesn't apologize edea, smiles a little Though I When Claire tells him she'll write to him as soon as I can. Bennet
kneels down. "You know your way around computers, do not you?" I ASKs to Micah.
"Of course I do." Bennet
winks. "Then ask for Wireless in the net. She'll keep us in touch. "Broadly
Micah smiles now. "Yeah, I already know her."
I raise and eyebrow and make a point to ask Micah Not only who's Wireless Later, But to make a list of His friends on the Internet. The kind of people you find unsettling is Out There. Bennet
picks up Claire's suitcase and says goodbye. Micah Clare and me hugs and kisses us on the cheek.
Then, they're gone Both.
“Dad's being released from the hospital tomorrow in the afternoon,” Micah says suddenly.
“How do you know? They called while I was away?”
“Nope. They'll call you first thing in the morning. I checked with the hospital's computer. By the way, I got you a fifty-percent discount.”
Now I'm scandalized. “Micah! What have I told you about being responsible with your powers, young man? Haven't you learned anything from the comic books you read?”
“I didn't know you read them,” he replies, blinking innocently.
“Of course I do! Otherwise I wouldn't let you do it.” I fold my arms. “But that's not the point.”
Micah's eyes broaden.“D'you want me to make them charge y
0 comments:
Post a Comment